PC Gaming Headset

General-NOH

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Im thinking of getting a gaming headset for pc under $100 in Australia. Iam stuck between these 3 and are open to suggestions IF you have used one of the below and your suggestion.

MY needs:

Design and Build Quality: It would be awesome if they could look good and dont feel cheap to impress friends, but it doesnt have to be like something you get from Razer or Alienware. They must be pretty strong, i dont mind the paint getting scratched but total compromisation would be terrible as i might drop them ow somehow damage them going to lan parties or friends houses.

Comfort: I would like them to be comfortable and easy to wear for 1 - 6 hours without becoming uncomfortable or giving me a headache. My head is quite small and it would be good if they were easily adjustable.

Sound Quality: I would like it to be decent, and i would like to be able to tell the direction for gunshots without to much trouble in games like BF3. The microphone must also be pretty decent so I can brag and communicate in style.

So Which One Should I Get??

Turtle Beach Z2
I have heard these are good, I can get locally for $88. Some say aaudio is quite average but it has to be better than a cheap toshiba laptops speakers or my HTC headphones that came with the phone.

Fatal1ty HS-1000
I should be able to get this around $60 - $80, but they are usb headphones and people said they sound bad.

Steel Series: Siberia V2
I probably wont get these as they are about $110 but if they are highly recommended i will.

I have heard Tritton and Sennheiser are decent (Dont mention Astro they are expensive) but do not suggest anything other than what is above unless you know they are better from expeirience and are under $100 AUD. It would be good if i could get an opinion from someone who has owned 1 or more different headsets from above.

I also cannot use 5.1 because my laptop has 1 headphone port, not 4. Console compatibility is not really relevent but if i could use with my PS3 it would be a bonus.

arktik

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I just spent the last week or so researching and buying gaming headsets like crazy. I started with Turtle Beach X12 but wanted 7.1. So I swapped for the G930s but to me they arent comfortable compared to other headsets (not uncomfortable but there are much better options for comfort) and to me not worth the $130-$170. So I took those back and kept researching and researching and eventually landed on:

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-780-Surround-Headset/dp/B006ZS5ATM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339184800&sr=8-1

And I love them. The bass is not as good as other headsets but the mids and highs are far better (this replaced my sennheiser HD555 for music!). They are very sturdy but the buttons on the headset itself are cheap (I really have to press hard on the dolby button to get it to go but then it glows when its on hehe). The cable though and connector feel very high quality.

Check em out.

General-NOH

Honorable
May 22, 2012

Like is said i have a laptop and laptops dont have sound cards compatible with 7.1