Pc to tv

G

Hello,
ok..connected my pc to tv and start the pc and the windows start screen comes on the tv but then goes when the blue welcome screen comes up... and thats it ...whats up?

reinbert

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
go to your display settings (right click desktop: display settings, or right click properties -> display settings). Now you should see 2 monitores in the top of the window. Right click onto the number '2' and select "attach". You can now change settings according to your personal needs.

G

thanks mate I'll try that now'

thanks

zdbc13

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
I've had that problem, so here's my 2cents.

If nothing shows on your TV after the welcome screen try booting into vga mode: Press F8 after the BIOS screen and choose VGA Mode.

That will start your system with very low 640x480 resolution so everything will be very big. Then right click the desktop and choose Screen Resolution. If your TV is 1080 choose 1920x1080, if it is 720 choose 1280x720. If it is a pre-HD TV try 800x600 or 1024x768.

Good luck!

G

thanks again....it works now ......
now l've got to get the sound working
i think i need some more leads for that...don't i ?

sewalk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
In a word, yes, you'll need more cables to get sound from your PC to your TV. If you're using HDMI, it is possible to use the same cable for audio and video but HDMI audio from a PC is often a little tricky.

G

OK thanks

I'm using a --VGA cable by the way
......thanks again

sewalk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
The cables you'll need for audio depend on what connections your TV has. It might be a male to male 3.5mm audio plug or a male 3.5mm to dual RCA.

We're not even going to discuss digital audio options at this point.