PC Won't Boot into Windows 7

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

solidterry

Great
Aug 5, 2019
I'm ready to continue forward. I just need to know if I should type "cd \" at the "C:\Users" command line, followed by the four earlier commands (bootrec, etc.). I neglected to mention in my previous message that I did try typing in the other drive letters too (D:, E:, F:, etc) but I didn't see anything there that was applicable.

solidterry

Great
Aug 5, 2019
Somehow I missed the video you posted in post #34. I think my mind is conditioned to skip over anything that isn't text for some strange reason... lol. Anyway, thanks for that video. I watched it and followed the instructions but got hung up here:

x:\Sources>Bootrec /fixmbr
The operation has completed successfully.

x:\Sources>Bootrec /fixboot

The operation has completed successfully.

x:\Sources>bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup

The store export operation has failed.

The requested system device cannot be found.

I tried using different drive letters (d, e, f and g). I tried different BIOS boot settings, to no avail.

So near, so far....

solidterry

Great
Aug 5, 2019
Here's some additional info if you're still around, or if someone else wants to help out. Someone advised me to use the diskpart command to diagnose the problem, but I don't know how to interpret the info shown:

Volume #LtrLabelFSTypeSizeStatusInfo
Volume 0EDVD-ROM0 BNo Media
Volume 1CAcerNTFSPartition1829 GBHealthy
Volume 2RecoverNTFSPartition600 MBHealthyHidden
Volume 3ESPFAT32Partition300 MBHealthyHidden
Volume 4Push ButtonNTFSPartition32 GBHealthyHidden
Volume 5DW7ULT_X86X6NTFSRemovable57 GBHealthy