People Returning the Galaxy Tab at a Rate of 16%

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shiboe

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
I feel it's more that people just don't care for tablets; I sure don't. The people who really wanted tablets got ipads. I would gauge most people who bought these were looking to see the competition to their ipad, or people not really sure about a tablet, and testing the water (if they were sure, they would already have one; read ipad).

Truely, as a lover of gizmos for most of my life, I just don't see the point. My desktop is the powerhouse I need, the laptop provides portable computing WITH a keyboard and full functionality, and my smartphone fills the gaps when I'm away from the other two. Tablets are trying to fill some non-existant niche, I don't get it.

Oh and for the record, none of mine are Apple.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]dtm4trix[/nom]Really? Is that why? Let the flame wars begin. iPad=Big iPod touch .... and not much more. iPad2 could be interesting but we will have to wait and see.[/citation]

[citation][nom]wingman23[/nom]...the poorly decked out IPAD. All the Hype talked about the IPAD is ridiculous, how great it is, when it isnt, its just a big IPOD Touch and nothing else. Some people would buy a lump of excrement if it had Apple written on it. Ive used both the IPAD and the TAB and the Tab offers more for less money, Samsung just have to get it right and they will be onto a winner. I mean why should i buy an IPAD when i have the same in the IPOD TOUCH. makes no sense to me, I will be waiting for the TAB myself to sort itself out.[/citation]

So are you saying a bigger version of a smaller item can't be better, or give a much better experience?

Cuz if so.. I'd like to show you the 52in TV in my living room... And the 27in in my garage.

Your infantile "big ipod touch" argument was never an honestly valid one. Just a lack of a valid retort, compounded with a severe amount of hot air filling your easily nerd-raging skulls. Ergo, you went the inverse epeen route. Congrats tool.

Gimme a valid statement, please. ;)

[citation][nom]Griffolion[/nom]Yeah, i'm just going to ignore this...[/citation]

On second thought... You're prolly dead on with your statement.. It's a lost cause here.. Too many children, wielding Sears Tower size epeens, granted by the veil of "Anonymous". Pathetic.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Realized I didn't really contribute in my last post! Sorry >.<

Personal opinion why it is being returned so much? Well, honestly, I think the article revealed a good point. The upcoming products, the fact that andriod wasn't ready for being on a tab, the fact that the galaxy is just plain lackluster anyway.. Take your pick. Samsung rushed out a product, with no clear goal in mind other than getting a piece of Apple's Pie... And you wonder why it's being returned so much? "Lawl". Other than that.. I think it also might have something to do with the store reps out there shoving "droid" in everyones face, and all the garbage that goes with it.. And managed to convince someone who didn't really need, or want one, to buy it.. And now they are coming to their senses.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]dtm4trix[/nom]Really? Is that why? Let the flame wars begin. iPad=Big iPod touch .... and not much more. iPad2 could be interesting but we will have to wait and see.[/citation]

Did you get your Mac Cult badge for joining?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Nobody has a Galaxy TAB?

As a GalaxyS owner, I am betting the reasons for the return is the crappy interface software that most likely does NOT WORK between the device and the computer. I like my Galaxy phone pretty much (Should have speakers on the front SO YOU CAN WAKE UP TO THE ALARM!) - the the stupid KIES "software" and drivers are crap.

I have this modern phone and Windows 7 can't talk to it. Not the software and Not as a USB device, even when told to do so. WTF?! So to transfer photos or music, I have to pull out the 8GB memory card and stick it into an adapter to my PC.

The 16GB of onboard memory don't mean anything, I don't use it other than app installs.

G

I don't know how or why I got convinced to buy an IPad, but I did. It was a cool gadget at first. Doing all sorts of things on it, but in the end all those things you can do on your IPad are done better and easyer on your smartphone, or laptop depending on the application. The only thing I use it for these days is reading a few ebooks while it waits to find a buyer. I think the same goes for the Tab and why people are returning it. They both try to fill a non-existing gap between smartphones and laptops. You want to be ultra mobile, you have your smartphone, want a mobile working envirement, you bring your laptop. The only thing that I would find usefull to have is something like asus eee pc touch series. If they made a descent one of those i'd ditch my laptop within the blink of an eye

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Because it's not Apple. Why would anyone want to get stuck with an inferior second-class product when they can get the engineering marvel that is iPad for as little as $500?[/citation]

I voted this up because Obvious Troll is funny.

septagent

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Isn't it extremely funny that 99 percent of the comments on here are from posters who have never owned (let alone returned) a galaxy tab commenting on why people should or should not return their galaxy tab? I'm just saying.........

G

THE ARTICLE IS BASED ON A COMPLETE LIE. Samsung already refuted this and said that returns are LESS than 2%, even LOWER than iPads. I thin Samsung has a liabel lawsuit written all over this for the lies that made up those LIES....

G

Everyone keeps talking about "no use" or purpose for these tablets. However I've seen them use on:

1. The floor at Nordstrom to show customers pictures of designer shoes and upcoming seasonal designs for clothing ect...

2. Hospitals: Physicians and other healthcare providers carry these around to view electronic medical records for each patient while in the room with the patient. They don't have to look around for a patients chart. Furthermore they can just access drug information on the spot with the ipad.

3. I've seen students in my graduate courses use these on buses to study. With flash cards, reading lecture notes ect... MUCH easier on the eyes than a Iphone or small galaxy screen.

4. I've been to resturants where the Ipad is the MENU and you can order straight into the kitchen by submitting what you want. You can even request the waiter to come and help you with it.

When you say these have no "use" you are poorly mistaken. I'm sure there is many other things but these are just the few things I've observed from my day to day life.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Because it's not Apple. Why would anyone want to get stuck with an inferior second-class product when they can get the engineering marvel that is iPad for as little as $500?[/citation]

Dumbest post today. Congrats.

oblivionlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
"Dumbest post today. Congrats. "
It's sad that you can't even decipher that the guys post was sarcasm not fact.

On a side note for anyone to see...
You get more out of a netbook than you do a pad. Netbooks aren't as thin however they are can be somewhat the same in length. You simply get more out of a netbook than a pad regardless who makes the pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS