Performance for games

cRNK

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Hey guys
I'm stuck between 2 notebooks and I can't determine which one is better for me. Basically, all I do is playing games such as League of Legends, Call of Duty series and future games with good graphics such as Crysis 2.
Ok so both are from asus. The specs are nearly the same just the CPU, RAM and the video card are different.
One is called Asus K93SV and it has a Core i7 2630QM, 8GB of DDR3-1333 RAM and a GeForce GT 540M.
The other one is a Asus G53SW and it has a Core i5 2410M, 4GB of DDR3-1333 RAM and a GeForce GTX 460M.
So my question is, which one do you think is better for games but not really hardcore gaming and yet lasting speedwise for quite a while and keeping up with upcoming games. The price difference is about 50€ with the G73 being the more expensive one. I'd appreciate your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Lyden

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
The difference between those two graphics cards are pretty big. Basing your purchase from the video card standpoint, id go with the 460M. It has quite a big increase in performance over the 540m. However, you are looking at the processor difference too.

Not only would you be restricted by DX10 and not DX11, your processor could be holding you back in the near future.

If I were you, I would find an alternative with a better video card. I would find you one right now but I gotta head out. Good luck.

GPU Source: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

cRNK

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Alright thanks. Well there is a model of the Asus G73SW that has a GTX 460M but also a Core i7 with 8GB of RAM, but it costs 200€ more. Is it worth the money?