PETA Attacks Battlefield 3 Over Animal Cruelty

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I didnt realize german children were so easily lead into animal cruelty. mayhaps they should address that issue first before pointing the finger at others

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]visa[/nom]An ongoing trend in which (German) teenagers torture animals and kill them in a cruel way? This should be much more of a concern than killing rats in a video game.I haven't played BF3 but killing rats... I mean they are disease carrying vermin.[/citation]
my thoughts exactly

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Germany has the oldest citizens and the least amount of youth in the WORLD.
Ya..
lets listen to what these old people have to say about the kids in thier country.
Germany is an idiot if they actually think this has any real infulence.
I'm been play sick twisted games since I was 7 and now at 30, I'm not sick and twisted in anyway. I'm a typical family man. Have you seen the kids in germany? Most of them look like they are Goth or Punk and are rebellious likely because the adults think stupid things like acting out is coming from music and video games.

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Of course promote violence against animal but killing human is okay of course german know what they are talking about right. Its just a freaking video game, wish mean its isnt real. Im not gonna jump on top of a building thinking i can fly because what ever superman game promote flying.

growup

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
This is too fkn funny ....

BF3 IS EVIL!!!!

BUT ITS OK FOR MW3 TO STRAP C4 TO DOGS IN SURVIVAL MODE AM I RIGHT? idiots.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
It makes me wonder if they actually watched the same scene I did, when I played the game.

I watched a soldier get caught in an earthquake, which knocked him out. When he woke up, it was dark, he was separated from his squad, and surrounded by enemies who'd kill him on site. He went crawling through the area which had the rat, in his effort to sneak to safety. When he ran into the rat, the soldier tried to shoo it away, before it squeeked at him, and attacked his hand. Taking reasonable measures for his own safety (not wanting to be bitten by a potentially diseased animal, and not able to put up with ANY noise in his current situation), he kills the rat, and then places it out of the path in front of him.

In the scene, I actually had a feeling that the soldier didn't want to kill the rat, since he initially tried to shoo it, even when the rat was trying to bite him. It felt like he was forced to by his circumstances.

How this scene would offend an animal activist, is beyond me.... and I'm actually a little offended by the people who are offended. Surely, the soldier's life should be viewed as worth enough, to not be compromised by a rat... but, are we absurdly trying to suggest that the soldier should have put his life at risk by allowing the rat to continue to bite him, and make noise?

slhpss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
PETA needs to clean their own house before getting on people for virtually killing animals...

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/03/09/petas-euthanasia-rates-have-critics-fuming/

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]Wait until they see Super Mario Bros series, where thousands of turtles being subjected to fire, stepped on, thrown into gaping abyss, and hammered down by a duo of Italian plumbers.[/citation]
LoL that was amazing I want to give you 21 thumbs up for that. I don't know why but I just remembered that someone banned Pokemon ages ago due to 'gambling'..

G

[citation][nom]trex2488[/nom]Wow, If PETA got on BF3 case for killing rats... Idk what they're going to do when they notice MW3 has dogs with bombs strapped to them...[/citation]

liveleak.com/view?i=855_1321152340

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS