Petition Wants New Mass Effect Endings, Raises $34K+

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Many of you are missing the point; Mass Effect has been known to give an ending based on ACTIONS of the player throughout the game. This what made the 2 first game of the franchise great- choice and not being linear. Yes you could die, yes you could get terrible endings but you also had a choice/chance to have a good one as well, this is what was robbed from a player in the 3rd edition of the game. No-one is asking for all endings to be rainbows and butterflies, just having an option of getting rewarded for doing everything right and doing above and beyond the required- just like the other two games.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I will simply wait for the true fans to create a mod called "Real ME3 Ending". Even if it doesn't have the production qualtity, as long as it sets the story straight.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
There is no more Bioware. There is only EA. EA has your money. If the petition affects sales then they'll pay attention. EA's influence was very obvious in the ending of Mass Effect. They're the reason we can't have nice, completed things. Deadlines matter more to them than anything else.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
It's such a shame that the greatest game trilogy to date is so horribly, horribly disfigured by the last 15 minutes of the final act. It seriously just falls flat on it's face.

No explanation of the origin of the reapers. Or the Catalyst. They turned out to have a super lame reason for the whole thing. "We're giant machines that are going to kill you all, so you don't create giant machines that kill you all".

Why didn't my squad follow me to the transport beam? How did Liara get aboard the Normandy with Joker when 5 minutes ago she was riding in an APC with me? How did the flight lieutenant - a man that will literally shatter his ribcage if he sneezes too hard - walk away from an FTL ship-to-planet crash landing? And they just happen to land on a planet that's "shirtsleeves ready" for humanoid races? That's a long shot.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]It's such a shame that the greatest game trilogy to date is so horribly, horribly disfigured by the last 15 minutes of the final act. It seriously just falls flat on it's face.No explanation of the origin of the reapers. Or the Catalyst. They turned out to have a super lame reason for the whole thing. "We're giant machines that are going to kill you all, so you don't create giant machines that kill you all". Why didn't my squad follow me to the transport beam? How did Liara get aboard the Normandy with Joker when 5 minutes ago she was riding in an APC with me? How did the flight lieutenant - a man that will literally shatter his ribcage if he sneezes too hard - walk away from an FTL ship-to-planet crash landing? And they just happen to land on a planet that's "shirtsleeves ready" for humanoid races? That's a long shot.[/citation]

well the ending i saw joker was i think a machine or some hybrid, so that is probably the true ending, the other 2 were copy pasta with different colors... you see the 2 confirmed stock photos yet?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
sorry i forgot to press enter last night, this probably should have posted 14 hours ago

[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]is it just me? this game is overated and overhyped. didnt meet high expectations thus they created this petition.[/citation]

if you play 1 and 2, and moved a save from 1 to 2, you saw the makings of something special. a story that what you did mattered.

in 1, yea, your actions shaped the ending, whether crew members lived or died, and you could see the begining of the end.

in 2, most of the original crew wasn't coming back for this mission, and i cant blame them, as you are working for what is essentially a terrorist group, but you find new people. and the end you were able to die completely (suppose to be unsaleable)

so you have 2 games where your choices mattered, all to end in this game, where your choices seamingly dont mean a damn thing, at all... if you did something in the snow area in masseffect 1, saved it, and went to 3, its on the other side, if you dont save it, the other side magically has one...

id say the whole games story is bad... 3 that is... its why the game went from a i bought a 360 for it, and got the collectors edition of the second, to i wasnt even going to buy the third till i got spoilers, to a why even bother game.

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
Wont happen for console users. Update will most likely be too big and not many people will have large enough HDD on their consoles willing to use all that space for it. The game needs to be remade. I am all for this. I hope in addition bioware will throw us PC users a bone and give us a high res DX 11 patch. I mean Christ they made a crap load of money in sales surely they have enough money to develop a PC patch.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]nyogen[/nom]The fail is strong with this one, I strongly suggest you do some reading about the real reasons behind the petition and what exactly is being petitioned then please, by all means, pitch in with your graceful wits.[/citation]
I was, admittedly, trolling a little. However, in all seriousness, how likely is this to happen? that's what I was trying to point out. Nice idea and I'm sorry for your dissapointment due to the game not living up to the hype, but that's it. 34K+ dollars? EA is laughing SO hard right now.
"TROLLOLOL! they bought our game, they didn't like it. let's make DLC cost $5 MOAR! :D"

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
There is a long history of potentially great Sci-Fi stories that just fall flat at the end:
Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock
The Giver
Babylon 5
Lost
Alias

There are more, I just can't come up with them right now. But basically, writers either get ADD or come up against a bad deadline, or worse, try to make a point with a crappy ending...

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]There is a long history of potentially great Sci-Fi stories that just fall flat at the end:Star Trek 3: The Search for SpockThe GiverBabylon 5LostAliasThere are more, I just can't come up with them right now. But basically, writers either get ADD or come up against a bad deadline, or worse, try to make a point with a crappy ending...[/citation]

Battlestar Galactica 2k series. The worst ending ever. And guess who's playing Commander Armando-Owen Bailey.

boyan

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
We give money to charity because we want the ending to be changed and i hope all the kids get ps3 or xbox 360 in the hospital and when they finnaly get out of the hospital they going to take their ps3 and xbox 360 with them and play happely ever after just like we want a new ending we are angry right and we are doing good just for an ending of mass effect 3 the ending was bad and if bioware realize that we did good to the children that means bioware will make a bright stunning ending of the game and transform us from angry fans into good fans and we also going to be happy like the children we helped and bioware will be happy that we like the new bright stunning ending of the game called Mass Effect 3 so in the end we all be happy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.