Phone works but no display

Vinayakp

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
I have a moto g2. A few days back as I woke up and switched my phone back on the display didn't light up. The touch is still working I can take calls and all the notifications are coming but there is no display. I think it might have something to do with water as I had droped it in water once but it was a long time ago. Please help.
Thankyou.

Solution
Try a hard reset - typically is a combination of 2 or 3 buttons.
Turn power off (remove and replace battery if necessary) hold power and volume + (could be volume - or both volume up and down or a home button with power or 3-way combo on some phones). So hold the volume + and power button together until a menu pops up. use the volume buttons to move up and down and power button to select choices. You want to clean and wipe it. all data will be lost. then select reboot. Google how to hard reset particular phone if this combination didn't work.
If nothing comes on screen upon booting replace lcd as is cracked or If water fried/corroded a connector which has finally worn out can check all connector cables to motherboard. can find...
Aug 27, 2014
Try a hard reset - typically is a combination of 2 or 3 buttons.
Turn power off (remove and replace battery if necessary) hold power and volume + (could be volume - or both volume up and down or a home button with power or 3-way combo on some phones). So hold the volume + and power button together until a menu pops up. use the volume buttons to move up and down and power button to select choices. You want to clean and wipe it. all data will be lost. then select reboot. Google how to hard reset particular phone if this combination didn't work.
If nothing comes on screen upon booting replace lcd as is cracked or If water fried/corroded a connector which has finally worn out can check all connector cables to motherboard. can find cheap damaged lcd phones or new phones on local kijiji or other sites as well as cheap repair guy - beware of scammers especially iphones locked to icloud. can do an icloud checker from the imei prior to any purchase as well as blacklisted. Youtube has videos on how to disassemble particular phone to inspect cables/connectors and the ends of the ribbons etc.
East Coast Canada Rocks.

Solution