Phones Get Killed & Grilled: iPhone, Android, WP7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Those phones all cost under $100 (most likely less) when you buy in millions of bulk material and pay slave labor wages. Do you really think any of those companies are making only a percentage of what consumers pay for? They make 400% on each product hence, richest, billion dollar companies. Anyone that doesn't know better is probably an Apple consumer, the worst kind of consumer.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]User69[/nom]Those phones all cost under $100 (most likely less) when you buy in millions of bulk material and pay slave labor wages. Do you really think any of those companies are making only a percentage of what consumers pay for? They make 400% on each product hence, richest, billion dollar companies. Anyone that doesn't know better is probably an Apple consumer, the worst kind of consumer.[/citation]

Obviously you've never read ANY of the "i____ costs $XXX to produce" articles. The product price markups are *only* 50%. I suppose you want that figure to be less than 10%... but then who will pay for the R&D involved?

LightningStryk17

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
[citation][nom]WhySoBluePandaBear[/nom]This is no different than some rich ass guy buying a very expensive bottle of champagne, drinking it, then peeing it out a few hours later. People seriously buy bottles of wine and etc for thousands of dollars....just to have it flushed down the toilet a while later. At least grilling phones keeps a wide mass entertained. Plus the video last practically forever. It's good fun.[/citation]

Well that is its purpose. To be Ingested. It just has a high value.

However, the purpose of a phone is NOT to burn it.
Honestly what a waste. Gogo entitlement generation!

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
No one noticed that the user that uploaded that video was EZGrill? This is a viral ad for EZGrills, at 1million+ hits, I think it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.