Photo/video editing laptop under 750

natash

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
1. What is your budget? 750 at the most. closer to 700 would be better

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6 or a 14 in

3. What screen resolution do you want? a higher resolution would be preferable but it seems like those for the smaller size screen are harder to find/a lot more expensive so I could do 720.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? both

5. How much battery life do you need? more would be better. hopefully a few hours at least though.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? there might be some light gaming.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo and video editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? at least 500gb, more would be better though.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. amazon, bestbuy, tiger direct maybe. as long as it's a reputable place.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? a few years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? dvd

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't really have preferable brands.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Thanks for any help!

natash

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

Is 4gbs enough where video editing programs will run smoothly?

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
The bigger issue to consider in the lower screen resolutions is that most have pretty bad contrast and questionable color depth etc. Since you are using this primarily for photo/video I would not even consider a 1366x768 screen. As you mentioned the price point for the nicer ones will be much harder to find.

Very few people I know that do any serious photo/video work use a laptop and while I respect your request for help with a laptop, a desktop is generally much better suited for those tasks.

With all that said, something like this might be doable: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834127831

There are a few HP models in your price range with 1600x900 screens, but I still think that would be too low of a resolution for your intended uses.

Edit: Hmm sorry I just now saw that you have a 15.6 or 14" preference, so can disregard the Sony I linked.