Photos from iPhone won't sync with Mac!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

easttowest

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Normally when I connect my iPhone, iPhoto opens up automatically and gives me an option to upload photos to computer. Tonight it is not doing that. What can I do to get these photos into iPhoto?

Solution

This same problem has been hounding me for the last two days between my iPhone 6 and my MacBook Pro. I tried everything listed below (restarting, trying to get my mac to recognize my iPhone via Image Capture, etc) to no avail.

I JUST got it working, again!

After doing a fresh synch, I powered off my iPHONE 6 (can't believe I didn't do it sooner!!!!) and did a restart on my MacBook Pro at the same time. I did this while my iPhone was connected to my machine (an oversight...)

When they both came back up, iPhoto STILL wasn't opening...

karen.dobric

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Still no luck despite trying all the above. I have a couple of days of photos missing from two weeks of holiday pics. Very frustrating. Good to know I'm not alone but..... I am adding this comment a few hours later. The photos finally synched. I am very happy! Thanks for all the good advice.

mipnamic

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

iPhoto can't manage "live" photos, you must use Photos app for those.

Actually I have the same issue, with Photos and no solution at all, "live" photos can't be imported atm and I can't figure out why this happen

mbentley1994

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
I tried turning off my phone and laptop whilst it was still plugged in and also tried unplugging my phone and putting it back in. To no avail.

I turned off iCloud Photo Library which saves all images to iCloud automatically to save space on the phone. It deletes your current items saved with iCloud (would be all images on the phone) so try and share them on your device using iCloud Photo Sharing and save them to your iPhotos.

Turn off iCloud Photo Library on your phone and when you plug your phone into your computer it will load all images saved on the phone.

I hope this helps you :)

Mar 10, 2018
I had this problem, but found that the solution was not complex. The key to doing this is that your iPhone should be visible under "Devices" when you open "Photos." If this is not the case, use a USB connection and try the usual such as turning applications off and on. Once you see the iPhone from which you wish to import photos and videos under "Devices" in the menu on the left of the screen, click on that phone, and then go to Import... The rest should be self-explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS