Question Photoshop Elements 2021 error codes 81 and 501 won't allow installation? How to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clifford L Sanford

Estimable
Mar 25, 2019
Upgrading from Elements 8 too Element 2021. When I try to install from the disc It reports failure. It gives during install attempts alternately either error code 81 or 501. It also reports that the failure is due to an installation already ii progress. Going to the help screen it advises the fix is to open the Task Manager to disable the conflicting installer. Checking Task Manager it shows no installer listed or running at that time.
On another Adobe help page it states that the problem is related to the presence of the Adobe Cloud. Checking Program and Features in the control panel the Adobe Cloud was installed. I do not recall ever needing or wanting the cloud. I don't believe that existed for use in Elements 8. Since it is inferred that the problem is the result of a conflict with an Adobe app, Adobe AIR. Adobe Cloud including the Adobe Reader was uninstalled. The error codes still still appear when attempting to do the installation. Attempts to contact Adobe is dominated by the automated support system. The last phone attempt resulted in loss of communication (ie silence) followed about 3 mins later of the call being disconnected. I may have to return the copy of Elements 2021 for a refund. If no resolution comes to the problem, I expect to find another photo editor to replace Adobe. I'll welcome any suggestion for a replacement. Tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.