picture viewing not in correct order

malcom123

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
I have a Samsung galaxy tab A Tablet that will not play images in the correct named order regardless of settings. So frustrating. Is this normal for this device?

Hmm... how are you trying to view the photos? Is it through a particular app (other than Google Photos) or another way? I ask because some apps refuse to show in order, no matter how hard you try, on certain tablets. I have yet to see this problem when using the Google Photos app though.

Also, how are the images numbered/named? What I mean is, if they are say 1 2 .... 10 ....100... etc.. then the tablet and/or app may be showing them in order as .... in order like 1 10 11 12 ... 2 20 etc.

malcom123

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016

malcom123

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Thank you. Photoes are named in correct order and show on lap top viewers without problem

Google photoes I am not using. Am I correct in assuming google photoes app is cloud based ? If so I prefer normal app picture viewing without storage limitations. Regards

No, you can uses the Google Photos app without it being on the cloud. I use it on my phone. I just don't use the cloud version because I find it a tad annoying.

Unfortunately I have had the same issue with Google Play. It just puts the images in whatever order it wishes, then new images (downloaded, installed and photos taken) tend to be listed prior to all others. It usually only gives you the option to list them by locations or time, not by name.

You might try moving them to a computer and then back to the device, copying them in reverse (I have to do this with music on a player, otherwise it lists things all out of order). Or straight forward, different devices different issues.

In the end, you may want to store the images off the device anyway, as to limit the risk of losing them. Due to the device breaking, being stolen, dying, etc.

malcom123

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016

malcom123

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Thank you. OK I will investigate google photoes further. I do have multiple backups on different media for my most valuable images.

I was quire shocked that an android tablet could not do one of the most basic functions in image viewing even though there is options listed for viewing in different orders but simply don't work as they would on a windows operating system.

When I looked at google photoes I could not see an option for none cloud but as I say I will take another look. Regards

malcom123

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016

I have been reading the reviews of google photoes and am left confused. Some bad comments out there as well as good.

One comment was that in spite of storing photoes on an SD card google photoes gobbled up space on the internal memory.

It seems a complicated app when all I need is to arrange titled folders with title images and view them in the correct order. Will google photoes work from folders or do I have to create albums etc.

All of my images are stored on an SD card as I have limited internal storage.

I would suggest then that you might want to consider a different app for the photos. The Photos app is not a requirement, and should be able to be "disabled".

I have been debating doing the same for myself, as the app gets on my nerves sometimes, but I don't use it for my main photo taking, and those I store on a computer.

malcom123

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016

I agree. I have searched apps but reviews as ever put me off and no details of if they play back in correct order. Thank you for your help. I would like to add if you do discover an app that does play correctly and is not overly complicated could you please let me know. Thank you.