PICTURED: Sandstorm Blankets Sydney, Australia

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

here's a few i took in sydney at about 6:30am
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nismor31/sets/72157622435677928/

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Fallout comments might be more accurate than you think :)

They are currently studying the dust to see if it was radioactive, as there was a big uranium mine in the region where the dust came from.

randomizer

Distinguished
I had to walk through this. Visibility was around 75-200 metres in my area at 6:30am. I was coughing and blowing dust out of my nose for most of the day, well after the storm had passed.

G

I kept on sneezing and had a runny nose within minutes of walking outside (and then for several minutes once inside)...

The carwash businesses made an absolute KILLING!! It was also funny seeing about 80% of cars absolutely covered in dust... and even now some still haven't bothered to wash them!

croc

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2005
Well, at least they raised the water restrictions enough to let me rinse off my windows (for the first time in several years).

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Which is why I said last week.[/citation]
This is why i like reading your articles, Jane, you respond to comments.Not like some other of your colleagues that can't take a little bashing and ignore the comments. :)
Hope to see more articles "By Jane McEntegart" rather than Kev... uuhm i'd better not say the name >:)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]danny69t[/nom]This is why i like reading your articles, Jane, you respond to comments.Not like some other of your colleagues that can't take a little bashing and ignore the comments. Hope to see more articles "By Jane McEntegart" rather than Kev... uuhm i'd better not say the name >[/citation]

Well thank you, sir. I don't know if I can push out more than the 7 or 8 a day that I'm doing right now but it's nice to know the work I do is appreciated. :)

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]7 or 8 a day? No wonder the quality on Tom's is lacking. Anand takes a whole week to write a good article.[/citation]
This is for news, not reviews. If Jane took a week to write news... well, you can imagine how relevant that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.