Solved! Pioneer TV does not connect to laptop

Nov 9, 2018
My pioneer TV model is PDP-504HDE, an relatively old model. It has a receiver with an hdmi input and I have been trying to connect it with my laptop but it doesn’t work! Do you have any suggestions? Your help would be very helpful

thank you

Solution
If the screen resolution of the laptop is greater than 1280 x 768 then you won't get a picture. Set the TV as a 2nd display and set it to output in that resolution (1280x720 will work too.)
The order you boot the laptop and select the input on the TV that it's connected affects the way they "handshake" so try the reverse order. Don't be surprised if occasionally you have to change the order. HDMI does some weird stuff.
If the screen resolution of the laptop is greater than 1280 x 768 then you won't get a picture. Set the TV as a 2nd display and set it to output in that resolution (1280x720 will work too.)
The order you boot the laptop and select the input on the TV that it's connected affects the way they "handshake" so try the reverse order. Don't be surprised if occasionally you have to change the order. HDMI does some weird stuff.

Solution