Pixel 2 XL Screen Defective? Google Responds

Status
Not open for further replies.

neverforgetjohn

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
As an owner of a Mit's X7 (best tube set ever made), a Mit's Daimond 40in (second best tube set every made) and now an "old" Panasonic VT65 with some Samsung LCDs in between I ditched due to the poor viewing angle of LCD technology to await OLED maturing.... the first thing I noticed on phones with OLED screens was a "cartoon" like problem Google has corrected it sounds like. Sad we have to be controlled by the "average" opinion that is easy to fool with flashy "things". Jezzz people still by DVDs that was for standard NON-HD TVs like my OLD tube sets. Glad Google made a great phone that doesn't look like a cartoon based on the reports coming in. Don't do it Google... just make them the way they should be: properly calibrated!

2.m3n.eq

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Never - I like your take away from the article. I prefer accurate calibration of vivid saturation. My natural eye does not view everything in a vivid vibrant manner, so I need not my phone, or it's screen, to "skew" such a view I possess.

NavySubmariner

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I don't mind the "dull" colors so it can look natural. What I do mind is taking a picture or video and having it look dull on my phone when in fact the object I'm taking a picture of is bright. Does anyone know taking a picture or video on your Pixel 2 shows the actual colors, or does Google dumb "dull" it down for viewing on the display? It looks to me from various reviews that this "dull" issue only affects the home screen and app icons, but when you go into the app (youtube, google photos, etc), the pictures and videos are stunningly bright as the original subject.

jonathong1980

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
"Look at the bezels on this thing, it doesn't seem like a phone from 2017..."
Look at the resolution on your videos, they don't seem like videos from 2017.

draw8962

Commendable
Sep 28, 2017
Un-see the No see-ums on your handsets screen LG a BootLoop Lawsuit wasn’t enough now you want to infect all other manufactured phones with piss poor components and call it rain or in this case LG aficionados call a golden shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.