Solved! Pixel 3a battery life issue

Martin2026

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Hi, I bought a Pixel 3a in September and now a few weeks later, my battery life has gone down. I don't think it is because of the Android Q update, because I noticed it a few weeks after the update. I have noticed that from the first day I got the phone it gets a bit hot when charging. I don't charge the phone overnight or from 0 to 100%. I didn't start using any new apps or anything like that. What could be the cause of this battery life issue? Will the shop give me a replacement Pixel 3a? Thanks for any help.

Solution
If you bought it new, then it should be under warranty. The battery life could be a few things. It could be that you are using apps more, or leaving them open all the time. It could also be how long the display is active, which uses a lot of battery. However, barring those changes, it shouldn't go down a lot.

On top of that, the fact that you are getting overheating is a more serious issue. I would contact the place you bought it (or the manufacturer) about a replacement.
If you bought it new, then it should be under warranty. The battery life could be a few things. It could be that you are using apps more, or leaving them open all the time. It could also be how long the display is active, which uses a lot of battery. However, barring those changes, it shouldn't go down a lot.

On top of that, the fact that you are getting overheating is a more serious issue. I would contact the place you bought it (or the manufacturer) about a replacement.

Solution

Martin2026

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Thank you very much ! I did not change how I use my phone in any way. I always close all the apps, I did not start using any new apps so I guess it is a faulty phone. Thank you again !