Planning on buying a cheap gaming [sorta] laptop. need suggestions

Fwog

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
1. What is your budget? 500. Please read further.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13'' or bigger

3. What screen resolution do you want? at least 1200x800.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? doesn't matter as it's going to be plugged in most of the time anyway.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Something that's able to run dota 2 as it's mostly going to be used for that purpose. medium to high preferably.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) none

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? any is fine.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8463123&CatId=4935

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? it will be replaced with a desktop in the near future but i still want to keep it for other purposes for as long as possible.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? none

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preference

13. What country do you live in? Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

We're highly considering buying the one that I linked above as we couldnt find anything better for the same price or lower. Do you have any better suggestions or is that laptop good enough [Possibly bad, if so tell us so we don't end up regretting our decision.]?

thank you for reading~

EDIT: I DO NOT NEED A DECENT GAMING LAPTOP TO RUN NEW GAMES WITH. JUST SOMETHING THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY DOTA 2 OR EVEN OLDER GAMES.

Please read my whole post before commenting.

tl;dr: Is there anything better than the laptop I have linked above? Please post.

eamon butler

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I'm sorry but that price range is very small and wont get you a gaming laptop unless you are playing very low demanding games. For a gaming laptop a good budget would be 1500, so that should show you how limited your budget is. If you are willing to raise your budget a bit a good priced gaming laptop would be a Lenovo Y510p or Lenovo z580 or to get it perfectly how you want look at barebones laptops or white box laptops like a clevo or msi

Fwog

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

I'm not exactly looking for a decent gaming laptop to run new games with. As I've stated on my post. I only need it to be able to run Dota 2 as I'm only going to use this laptop as a temporary desktop replacement.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you but those arent exactly what I'm looking for. I don't want to splurge too much on a laptop and replace it months later with a better desktop.

gamesn

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Are you still interested in purchasing a gaming laptop? If so, contact me. I can give you a good deal on a gaming laptop. If interested contact me at galleyryneelectronics@aol.com and we can discuss what I have and prices.

Thank you.

eamon butler

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
okay well I think you can find laptops in this laptop series that could run dota 2

asus k55a

I don't know much about the series but I found it on another forum but the link was broken so im not sure

vinaykumar5320

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I think this ASUS will run DOTA2 pretty well:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231455&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=3332167&SID=u00000626