Planning to buy a laptop

Crystalize

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
Planning to buy a laptop but I don't know when is the right time

1. What is your budget?

-$3500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?

-Not planning to play in 4k

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

-Desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?

-2+ hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

-New games in high or ultra high settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

-Video editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

-Depends on the situation

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

-None at the moment

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

-A long time

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

-Msi or asus

13. What country do you live in?

-USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

-Im not in a rush to buy one i just need some more opinions considering that 2016 is almost over

Solution
www.xoticpc.com

With your budget you have no issues picking something from there that you like. You can customize drive size, pretty much anything you want.

I'd spend less than your budget and get a GTX 1070 based system, and just replace it when it gets too slow, rather than buying something with a 1080 and spend more. Especially if you will be running at 1080 resolution.

Spend a bit on an extended warranty instead so you don't have to worry about your $2,000 laptop if it dies in 1.5 years.
www.xoticpc.com

With your budget you have no issues picking something from there that you like. You can customize drive size, pretty much anything you want.

I'd spend less than your budget and get a GTX 1070 based system, and just replace it when it gets too slow, rather than buying something with a 1080 and spend more. Especially if you will be running at 1080 resolution.

Spend a bit on an extended warranty instead so you don't have to worry about your $2,000 laptop if it dies in 1.5 years.

Solution
Awesome budget :)
https://www.amazon.com/XOTIC-MSI-GT73-Titan-017/dp/B01LYEN4L9/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1482308970&sr=1-1&

it has
17.3" FHD, Anti-Glare IPS Wide View Angle 120Hz screen
Intel® Skylake™ i7-6820HK
GTX 1070
16GB DDR4
256GB SSD +1TB HDD
Thunderbolt 3

cheers