Play.com Reveals Microsoft Kinect Tech Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Id still like an explanation for the horrid lag on that thing though, last year i was wowed by one to one responce,all i saw coming out of e3 was River Lag Adventures and the most out of sync music game ever.

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Morgan3rd[/nom]At 30 fps... this is defiantly a casual device.[/citation]

dont consoles (or the xbox at least) target 30FPS for games anyway, as an average ?

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]safcmanfr[/nom]dont consoles (or the xbox at least) target 30FPS for games anyway, as an average ?[/citation]
They target 60FPS, but 30 is acceptable as that's the framerate at which human eyesight operates (simplification, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate#How_many_frames_per_second_can_the_human_eye_see.3F). 30 FPS is 60 Hz which is the refresh rate of a typical HDTV. Anything faster than that just allows for more realistic motion blurring type of effects (in computer graphics) and past 60 FPS, it's generally hard to notice.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
yep gonna probably gonna lag like a wiimote, call me on the next iteration though after the technology has matured a bit.

lightbulbsocket

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
[citation][nom]sidran32[/nom]They target 60FPS, but 30 is acceptable as that's the framerate at which human eyesight operates (simplification, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame [...] e_see.3F). 30 FPS is 60 Hz which is the refresh rate of a typical HDTV. Anything faster than that just allows for more realistic motion blurring type of effects (in computer graphics) and past 60 FPS, it's generally hard to notice.[/citation]

The "frame rate" of the human eye is actually pretty variable. Wanna see an example? Play Modern Warfare 2 for about an hour, then immediately load up Halo 3. It'll look like a slideshow. At least it does for me. Only seems to happen, at least for me, when I go from a 60fps game to a 30fps game of a similar type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS