PlayBook to Get Android App Update Next Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
OMG!!! I don't own a PlayBook...though I should have bought when they were just $100. That's practically giving away a tablet.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]Becherovka[/nom]That was the HP for $100 but they might sell playbooks cheap soon[/citation]
Oops my bad. Lol, I don't know how that come to mind...this is awkward...

G

Just bought playbook16GB for 119!!! Used 200 off coupon on staples 449.. add to that a 30 off 150 purchase, add to that rim's 100 MasterCard prepaid for anyone who buys before 9/22...total at the end of the day..119!!

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]And you created a user name telling us from here on out that you did such. Hmm.....[/citation]
Seems it is real, but the 200$ off code is one time use and you would get only if you are subscribed to Staples email service thing. If only the 200$ off was reusable :/ I would try to get one.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Frankly this is rather unacceptable to me, to bring a major feature half a year after release and nearly a year after first announcement.

iceman1992

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I still think the PlayBook isn't very good. I don't own it, but I have briefly tried it in a store. And I have a BlackBerry phone. The user experience isn't as good as other smartphones. Hangs and lags a lot. (the old OS5 one)

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Frankly this is rather unacceptable to me, to bring a major feature half a year after release and nearly a year after first announcement.[/citation]
You are saying that but there are people who pour vitriol on older versions of Android, if an Android device was released today that had Android v1.0 it would be derided as rubbish because of all the missing features.
It has been more than a year and a half since then so how come it isn't considered unacceptable to have waiting this long for all the features that Ice Cream Sandwich has to offer?

G

i own a playbook, infact im using it as we speak but all the negative information surrounding the playbook is infact all rubbish!? i paid £400 for mine and as far as i can tell its a bloody bargin! it really comes to life when you've got a blackberry smartphone too, with the bridge connection its basically becomes a much more powerfull extention of your phone, with the ability to stream the internet from your phone the the tab means internet absolutely anywhere unlike others where you need to be near a open wifi source! that fact alone is enough for anyone to buy one!

G

I purchased my Playbook about a week ago did the research after the fact. As a previous apple ipad owner (and Apple Inc. fanatic) I can say as a business owner and web developer its what you need to take care of business. Some people want a Maserati when all they need is a BMW. Sure both are nice but one is far more practical. Apple not having flash on Ipad is frankly at this point inexcusable and insulting the consumer, arrogant if you will. The playbooks size, weight and fast processing makes it the Ipads ONLY competition in my opinion owning both. Oh and by the way I am using the Playbook right now.

G

I've owned a playbook for a year + and find the tool easy to use but hate the fact that the apps for it are few compared to apple and the other Android tablets. Also, they promise releases and new abilities all the time but they take forever to happen and usually are only for their phones. I'm not sure I would choose this company's stuff again except maybe for business applications. They need to catch up to the others faster. Make a 7" tablet with built in phone capabilities which will be supported by all the major phone companies software and blutooth hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.