PlayStation Move Has Multiplayer Design Limitation

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ive a sudden urge to want to see a new 'tomb raiders' title on the PS3 or 'dead or alive'......

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
So why not make the sub controller communicate with the move stick instead of directly with the PS3?? Have the move stick relay the info along with its own info back to the PS3? All of a sudden you can have 7 people instead of a max of 2-3.

(Basically do what the Wiimote does, just without the wire connecting the two devices...)

The tech already exists... 3rd party wireless nun-chucks are out there, so you cant tell me its not possible.

Unless of course Nintento has a patent on a 2 part controller that relays the 2nd unit's commands to the system. (Which I suppose is more than possible and Sony is trying to avoid some sort of patent infringement).

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
"Will the fact that you can only play some games with one friend at a time affect your decision to purchase?"

Some? You mean most PS3 games are only for single playing, right? I cannot remember the last time I had a console where the majority of the games did not offer split screen gaming with buddies. The only one I have that has that is Motorstorm 2. Everyone else at parties just sits around and takes turns (yawn).

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Meh the PS3 isn't really a party gaming system the way the Wii is marketed to be. How many games are there out there that 1) would actually be improved by this type of controll and 2) are 4 player?

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
This is a deal breaker for me. I was really hoping that this would do what the PS2 did at the end of it's lifetime: bring new gamers into the hardcore stable. (Kinda the opposite of what the Wii has done.)

Anyway with just two controllers I don't know how possible that will be.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Why does everyone assume that a game will be two player if there are 4 remotes? Do people use one for each hand? ...I'm sure games can be designed to use just one controller while still offering superior gameplay to the wii.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Playstation Dildo has a double dildo limit?I like to see that video![/citation]
What about DVDA?
Four player should be standard.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
I don't really care about party games. All I'm interested in is having 1 move controller as my sword and the other move controller acting my off-hand sword, and 3d Dynasty Warriors, some sweet God of War ripoff or Elder Scrolls V.

Party games are for girls, children, and the wii.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I won't get this controller (I do own a PS3)
but I rather play with REAL controllers NOT anything wii like.

I think this is a bad move from sony to copy the stupdid wii.

arges86

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
i wasn't planning on buying it anyway...
unless some really impressive game came out that made an evolutionary step in the right direction

G

another reason why nintendo is sooo ahead of the curve. if you negate this you're a retarded little nig.

Status
Not open for further replies.