PlayStation Move Will Turn You Into a Mii Killer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Still need a lot of improvement from what i know... lag, not many games, game copied from wii...

playstation EPIC FAIL

and worse rip-off ever: more or less 60 $ and in some game you need 2 of those weird looking....

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
First, it looks like they let Michael Bay direct or produce that commercial. Second, it was lame. I am sorry Sony but the Move is hardly revolutionary: it is just a Wii version 2.0. Also, Sony, you have a looooooooooooong way to catch up with Nintendo sales. Good luck.

stige

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
the Move may be nice but a) they're about 4-5 years late to that party. that's an Eon in tech so i'm not sure they really have room to be mocking the Wii. and b)am i the only one that thinks this thing will make many people look like they stole Gandalf's staff?

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I had the sound off,I had a flashback to HeMan Yelling "I have the power!" when he picked up what appeared to be a glowing fleshlite and killed a rapist...maybe I got the wrong idea from this weird flick I dunno....

daniel123244

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]skervy[/nom]if people read stuff before they complain you would know the bulb is there for the tracking. sonys problem was making the system to good which resulted in a crappy high starting price. the only thing they will need to catch up with is sales but hardware wise they dont need a next gen console. what will the next nintendo or xbox do add in bluray built in wireless and free online play? oh thats right ps3 already has it all and they dont break left and right like crapbox. who here can say they still have a working original xbox or 360? i cant remember a single playstation among my friend group that has failed without physical damage . xbox on the otherhand i cant think of a single one that hasnt been repaired or replaced. nintendo just goes out of style to fast 64 and gamecube were fun at first but then meh. wii is already getting there sure its fun for kids and little get togethers but how often do you find yourself zoned out on nintendo for hours on end outside of mario or zelda[/citation]
I have both a working original xbox 360 and xbox

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
what was that sony? a couple years ago you said motion control was crap and nobody would buy it?
I own a ps3 and its awesome, but its just funny to see them go back on themselves like that.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
although the motion control is merely a fad, sony's offering is more attractive than the wii. at least with sony one has the option to use or not use a child's toy to play games.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I love my Move. Bought it on Friday. The tracking on it is amazing. You can tell me what you've "heard", but I have been using mine for 3 days in various lighting and in different people's houses. It has always worked and worked VERY well. I can't wait for more games, but I seriously don't see this as an attractive way to control hardcore games.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]Still need a lot of improvement from what i know... lag, not many games, game copied from wii...playstation EPIC FAIL and worse rip-off ever: more or less 60 $ and in some game you need 2 of those weird looking.[/citation]
You clearly haven't used it. In no game yet MUST you have 2. Two controllers is an OPTION. Also there is NO LAG. Also your price is wrong.

G

I've been playing with the move as much as my unfit body will allow over the last 3 days and for my money its without doubt far and away superior to the wii (which I love by the way) due to the uncanny accuracy and responsiveness of the motion controllers.
I really haven't got a clue what some reviewers are saying about lag, I've noticed none whatsoever, I can only surmise that they were using buggy pre release games as there really isn't any.
Oh and for those wii lovers/sony haters I remember fondly using my ps2 around 8 years or so ago with the ps eye for motion gaming (controllerless mind you) way before the wii came out however the wii is still of course a great console but I'm afraid has without doubt been massively surpassed by Move in every respect.
Also there are many games on the way for the ps3 that the wii or kinect simply could not cope with due to accuracy or the lack of physical buttons, add that to 3d tech and the future looks as bright as my glowing balls ;)

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]skervy[/nom]who here can say they still have a working original xbox or 360?[/citation]

Both (well, actually my brother owns the original Xbox that still works. It's the one with the 8gb hard drive too). No, seriously. I also have had to replace my original PS2 slim, although I was not the original owner so I really don't know if I can fault the hardware. Microsoft definitely deserved some criticism for a high failure rate for the 360's, but the reality is it is extremely overblown by PS3 fanboys.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]bourgeoisdude[/nom]Both (well, actually my brother owns the original Xbox that still works. It's the one with the 8gb hard drive too). No, seriously. I also have had to replace my original PS2 slim, although I was not the original owner so I really don't know if I can fault the hardware. Microsoft definitely deserved some criticism for a high failure rate for the 360's, but the reality is it is extremely overblown by PS3 fanboys.[/citation]
I don't think its EXTREMELY overblown but maybe a bit. I am personally on my 4th 360 (about to buy the Reach one though) due to hardware failures. My best friend just lost another, this one to disc read errors on every disc, to make it his 4th one down. I'll be giving him my old one though when I buy the Halo one.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Funny how Nintendo didnt play the uber hardware angle and went with innovation in game play to "win" console wars. Very smart and can only assume both Xbox/PS will follow suit with integrated motion detection in their next consoles.

Now with XBox/PS have motion they may gain some ground on Wii since graphics is superior to Wii. Now Wii has to up the ante but still get big props for introducing live motion in our gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.