PlayStation Now Coming to Samsung TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
What ever happened to playing Gamecube with your buds, some controllers, and chips. The last thing I need is to play Playstation on a TV that costs way too much, and I don't care about streaming from PS this to PS that.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
What ever happened to playing Gamecube with your buds, some controllers, and chips. The last thing I need is to play Playstation on a TV that costs way too much, and I don't care about streaming from PS this to PS that.

The problem with that scenario is that nobody is learning anything about your habits, your tastes, and various other details about your life that can be monetized.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
What about the controller? you supposed to use the tv remote to play a game?

no i think it is more of either use a controller to control the tv and/or have a TV remote and a game controller with it as one device ussualy is not enough even when companies try there are to many buttons for it to make a decent controller and when there is not to many there are to few buttons for a TV remote.

steve4king

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
What games will this work with? I can't imagine the latency and bandwidth of any internet connection would be sufficient to remotely render Assassin's Creed.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
This will work in Japan with their insane fiber optics and infrastructure. May take the rest of the world another 10 years to catch on. But this is the future. Even steam knows it.

But if you ask me , nothing beats having my own home PC overclocked and the bios tweaked to my satisfaction. :)

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
well if Google gets to be an ISP or breaks up and continues the Google Fiber plan the USA should have 1Gbps internet by 2025? or so but not in the middle of no where places as they will probably still be stuck with only dail up and as Google is laying their own lines i doubt that they will allow other companies to use them so it will probably be expenive to have a fast enough connection to make cloud gaming a reality when not on a personal cloud on Virtual Consoles on a Personal computing server but no real consumer will pay that kind of money just to play Playstation 5 ... maybe a business but not a consumer not making money off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.