Please assist. On a cost effective gaming laptop hunt.

Diohael

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
1. What is your budget?
Not thrilled about seeing $1300-$1800. But that is limit.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17inch screen with built in num pad to accompany

3. What screen resolution do you want?
As high or as nice sharp looking as can be.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
It can function as both. I don't care if its a heavy brick to carry around.

5. How much battery life do you need?
I've read 3-4 hours is a lot. At least that would be nice. I don't need a crucial 7hours sort of thing. (i can't imagine)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I'm looking to buy starcraft II and its expansion Heart of the swarm. I want to run this game on the highest settings. And would like the capability to run games coming out within the next few years.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) The gaming is top priority. I'd like a laptop that will support my gaming ability within the next several years to come. The ability to watch and edit photos, movies and other and browse the web, and all other things you can do on a personal computer must remain. Please.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would like to go the lowest amount possible if it can save money. 100-200 gigs. I have other devices for storage and other.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I do not have a preference at this time.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As many years as it can stay out of the "out of date" category. Tips on how to trade in for the next latest and greatest would help me. Please

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD rom for sure. Bluray ok but can do without.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've looked at all the top brands. I haven't been able to develop a preference at this point. They don't get specific enough for what i want. I could use some guidance please.

13. What country do you live in?
USA east coast

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Thank you for your time.