please help me decide which laptop to buy(low to moderate gaming) between the two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2018
1-) i5 7200u,8gb 2133Mhz ,nvidia GeForce 940mx 2gb gddr5...
2-) AMD ryzen 5 2500u, 8gb 2400Mhz,integrated Vega 8 igpu..
Please reply soon..
Main purpose is low to moderate gaming..not too much care about fps but heating...have heard AMD heats up a lot..
Please reply within the two choices I can't afford mx150

Solution
About the drivers, great!

About the heat, again, it depends a lot on the laptop's chassis. That are many laptops that have overheating issues not due to the processor per se, but due to poorly conceived cooling solutions. Since this is a 15.6" laptop, I believe there is plenty of room for cooling. You have to understand that I cannot say for sure if one specific laptop will have overheating issues, the best thing you can do is search for users' opinions on the internet. However, since you will be using a Coolpad, I don't believe you will have problems.
Aug 23, 2018
Probably the AMD one will suit you better, since Vega 8 can be better than the 940MX. But bear in mind that this will only happen if RAM is runing on dual-channel.
As for the heating issue, I believe it depends a lot on the laptop's chassis and the cooling solutions provided by the brands. If you could give us more details about the laptops, it would help.

Aug 23, 2018
Considering it's an Ideapad, I believe it runs on single-channel mode, which would limit Ryzen GPU performance. Also, this laptop has an HD screen only, as well as a hard disk. Both are major drawbacks, but sure, it depends on your budget.

What about the laptop that comes with Intel?

Aug 23, 2018
Between those two, I would go for the AMD one. The only concern would be updating the drivers. About this, Intel + Nvidia is more reliable. Overall, both laptops are fine for your purpose.

Aug 26, 2018
Thanks a lot sir..
So I guess I've made up my mind on AMD one..
Also I play older games like far cry 3 nfs rivals so I can compromise on HDD and screen also I'll never mind playing AAA TITLES and GTA 5 on lowest settings
Thank you ....
But you haven't answered about the heating of AMD will it be controlled using Coolpad and gaming for about 1-2hours

Aug 23, 2018
About the drivers, great!

About the heat, again, it depends a lot on the laptop's chassis. That are many laptops that have overheating issues not due to the processor per se, but due to poorly conceived cooling solutions. Since this is a 15.6" laptop, I believe there is plenty of room for cooling. You have to understand that I cannot say for sure if one specific laptop will have overheating issues, the best thing you can do is search for users' opinions on the internet. However, since you will be using a Coolpad, I don't believe you will have problems.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.