please help me

DC2FANS

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Hello can you guys give me a n answer asap. So I have an infected Trojan pc and I accidenlt transfer a video into an seagate 2tb expansion hard drivewill the virus jump on and infect my new pc? Also will my mouse that is connect to the infected pc also transfer into my new pc? Please answer.
Thanks-you soooooo much!!!

Solution
Usually with removable devices, in order for a trojan to be passed, the file that it is embedded in needs to be opened/accessed. if this is just a regular hard drive you are talking about (say a secondary one), and you transferred a file from the infected HD to the backup one, it is unlikely that the second one will be infected unless the file you transferred to it contains the trojan. Download and run Malwarebytes, along with antivirus software such as Avast.

DC2FANS

Commendable
May 3, 2016

Can the Trojan virus pass through a seagate 2tb expansion hard drive? Thanks
Sorry, I'm new to pc here

USAFRet

Illustrious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from DC2FANS : "please help me asap"

The mouse, no.
The video file? If that were the source of the infection, yes.

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Usually with removable devices, in order for a trojan to be passed, the file that it is embedded in needs to be opened/accessed. if this is just a regular hard drive you are talking about (say a secondary one), and you transferred a file from the infected HD to the backup one, it is unlikely that the second one will be infected unless the file you transferred to it contains the trojan. Download and run Malwarebytes, along with antivirus software such as Avast.

Solution