Solved! Please help me!

Oct 14, 2018
I would have a question before I try this. So my laptops display is broken but even my integrated gpu has something. So I was wondering if I could install a NVidia gpu to my laptop and connect the monitor directly to the GPU even if I dont have any nvidia drivers. If not I can't install them later as my screen is broken and also my laptop's gpu. Just wanna know if I can connect an egpu to an external monitor without having the drivers.

Solution

I would not waste money on a system with both a bad screen and a bad video card. By the time you buy the external video dock, the video card and a power supply to run it, you are better off just replacing the laptop. Also it's not guaranteed to work if the system still sees the onboard video card...

punkncat

Proper
Apr 3, 2018
So, typically speaking in Win10 it will load a legacy driver that will give you a display and then (according to your settings) go and DL a signed driver via update. In earlier OS it can be more hit and miss.

I would not waste money on a system with both a bad screen and a bad video card. By the time you buy the external video dock, the video card and a power supply to run it, you are better off just replacing the laptop. Also it's not guaranteed to work if the system still sees the onboard video card and external adapters don't work well in all systems. You will also need a free mSATA slot for the adapter, if you don't have one you will need to remove the WiFi card to use it. And you will need to have the cable hanging out of the case.

New laptop or a desktop is a much better solution.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS