Polaroid Names Lady Gaga as Creative Director

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta" with a name like that you already new this kid will have issues. and now they (polaroid ) are going to sell them to us

G

I think it's ironic to have a celebrity that no-one will remember next year promoting a company that no-one will remember next year.
Wait, next year they come back with an astounding company lip dub as a marketing trick.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
Shes actually a musical genius. Say what you want about her pictures ect. Definitly not true, but w/e, shes has about 50 songs that have 1m+views on youtube, thousands of record sales, she knows how to make good music. (sales wise)

Just like lil wayne, she knows what people like, and knows how to market it.

necronic

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Yeah, I think its fair to say that Gaga does know something about how to promote. She pulled off 3 number 1 singles on her first album I think? Don't underestimate her as being just another Debbie Gibson.

Anyways, this is a strange move, but Polaroid itself is a strange company at this point. Trying to rerelease the Polaroid film after 2 bankruptcies in the last decade is going to take some serious creative marketing. At this point Polaroid is exactly the kind of company you expect to see pulling stuff like this.

We'll see how it turns out. I don't think its purely a publicity stunt, cause that simply won't sell cameras. She's the kind of person I could see actually making polaroids sexy somehow.

G

Just a brand name for more lame Polaroid products... Here's a off the wall idea! Hire someone to design better cameras.. WOW, I know crazy right making better cameras instead of using a celebrity to promote the crap you sell now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS