Question popup questions

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
does anyone happen to know of a good free popup blocker? win10 once suggested adp popup blocker and ublock origin but the popup blocker seemed to go away so i found a poper blocker for chrome but that was terrible it seems i got more popups using that app. it seems no ebay has a popup that shows during searches and ublock origin will not remove it. i can take it away but the page goes dark and if i refresh it it will go dark in a few seconds. i found a few other site that did that so it must be a new type of popup that evades these blocking extensions.

so i was looking around and i see a few but it can be troublesome to just pick one. so maybe some here have a favorite that actually works good for chrome. i do have popups turned off in chrome but now it looks like some sites have figured out how to get around that. thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
thanks how will it work with adp and ublock origin and i do not care about cookies? when i got to ebay now they have a huge pop up talking about getting some type of insurance or some other stuff and i just x it off and it comes beck the next search you do now. also when i went to toms guide they have the same thing i x it out and so far today it has not returned, but i bet most sites are going to go that route now i put ghostery in chrome and will see how it works. and how well it works along side adp i don't care for cookies ublock origin. maybe this ghostery will do goo by itself.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have ublock origin ghostly and popup off now and they seem to be working.

i ran malware and defender. what is starting to happen is ebay is starting to put a popup about every time i go to there pages and quite a few other sites are doing the something now.

i have chrome set to avoid popups one helper here suggested ghostly and that does a good job but i find it is a bit strict and i have to go into that and allow some pages. but i will eventually get those sorted. ghostly likes to block websites also and i have to tell ghostly to allow the site. thanks