Portable laptop for school

Nadav Erez

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
1) What is your budget? 1500 N.I.S, 2000 N.I.S. at the most/ 400$-500$ (laptops at the site referenced below.)

2)What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13"

3)What screen resolution do you want? Not very important, >720p would be good.

4)Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5)How much battery life do you need? As much as possible, >8 hours.

6)Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No, I do not want to play games.

7) What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) School usage: simultaneous PDF viewing and One Note editing.

8) How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 500GB or more.

9)If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. en.ksp.co.il or any site you find.

10)How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as I can, but, realistically, 4 years (until I finish school).

11) What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Blu-ray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I don't need an optical drive, would be nice to have one but not important.

12)Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preference.

13) What country do you live in? Israel.

14) Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Obviously, for the computer to meet the requirements- Core 2 Duo is a minimum, as are 4GBs of RAM.

One more thing- I saw a second-hand Macbook Air for 1000 N.I.S. First-gen, upgraded to 4GBs of RAM, very good condition. Is it a good choice?

Solution
I'm not one for apple products personally. Though for a 2008 macbook, 1000 NIS converts to roughly $300? I mean, if you want to take your chances with that I'm sure it's possible you'd be fine. I'd personally go for a factory refurbished laptop, as opposed to buying straight from an owner.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317598

If you're willing to pay $60-70 more than your price cap, this more than exceeds your requirements.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317597

Again, exceeding your requirements, though remaining within your budget. Assuming the budget is firm. This would probably be your best option.

Nadav Erez

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014

Thanks for the quick answer! Just now, the laptop I might have used crapped out on me- now there is no wireless, it's probably dead. So the price estimate rises to about 2500-3000 (MAX) N.I.S. And if you have another offer from another site, I would be happy to hear it!

Nadav Erez

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Update: Price range of 1000$, no need to look at the bad site I posted. Off the top of your mind, which laptop models fit the needs? Also, I saw a second-hand Macbook Air for 1000 N.I.S. It is the Early 2008 model, and has been upgraded to 4GBs of RAM. The seller lists it as "in very good condition". The pictures provided by him also show that it is decent shape. Is it a good choice?

sammy sung

Estimable
May 5, 2014
I'm not one for apple products personally. Though for a 2008 macbook, 1000 NIS converts to roughly $300? I mean, if you want to take your chances with that I'm sure it's possible you'd be fine. I'd personally go for a factory refurbished laptop, as opposed to buying straight from an owner.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317598

If you're willing to pay $60-70 more than your price cap, this more than exceeds your requirements.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317597

Again, exceeding your requirements, though remaining within your budget. Assuming the budget is firm. This would probably be your best option.

Solution

Nadav Erez

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014

Thanks a lot, both seem good. I'll have a look at them.

Mods, feel free to lock this thread.