Solved! Portable laptop with performance?(For college)

alecjames

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
1_What is your budget?
$1000-2200
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-16"(16 may be a little to much)

3_What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1600x900

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No, just an ultraportable laptop with some power.

5_How much battery life do you need?
At least a little under 4 hours. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF WANT I WANT IN A LAPTOP

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
WoW maybe, and The Old Republic when its released.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Student, so office, adobe, and also movie watching.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
250-500gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I like the Sony Z series laptop, but maybe something a little less expensive when customized the way I want it.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-4 years.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Cd/DVD reader and burner, Bluray is a plus

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm open to any suggestions, however I really like Vaio.

13_What country do you live in?
USA
14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Remember needs to have at least 4 hours of battery life. Needs a dedicated card(maybe something like GT 310M or maybe higher). I would like the screen preferably to be 15-16".

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

You should check out the Toshiba Satellite A500-ST56X6. It has great battery life and NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M graphics. The laptop has a powerful i7 processor and a 16" screen. It always weighs 6.5 lbs, which is much less than most laptops with these specs.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team