Possible Virus On Laptop

lemon108

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
I have a Dell Inspiron 5555, and today when I opened up my laptop, It displayed a screen that usually displays when I start up the laptop and something is wrong. Example, the battery is low. But this time, It said that something was wrong with the video card. (I can't remember correctly) so I clicked "Run Diagnostics". When I did, It started beeping. I think I remember 1 long beep followed by two shorter beeps (almost the same but a tiny bit shorter) (low) and 6 higher pitched and faster.
It then prompted me with a question, and said there was something very wrong with the laptop and that it should be fixed immediately. (not the exact words, of course. I can't remember exactly what it said.) I then shut the computer off- After doing some research, I turned the laptop back on after maybe 30 minutes and the popups and beeping were gone altogether. This concerns me, and I was wondering if it was a virus, or if something is really wrong with my laptop.

lemon108

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017

Not at all- and I meant that the startup/error card could have been bait to make me think there was something wrong with it when there really wasn't- that was my main concern- and since the popups have ceased I am worried that something is possibly still on my computer. it's working perfectly fine now- I'm just afraid it may happen again, or if something is still lurking on my computer. If it was a virus, how was it at my screen right when I started up my laptop? It said to go to the dell website right away, but nothing seems wrong with my computer currently. If something really was wrong the popups would have still been there when I tuned my computer back on- correct? What was even weirder. when I turned my laptop on for the first time with the popups, the display was a very dark green. I thought this was just the lack of light on the laptop since it was shut off- but when I shut it off after it was it's normal black. Is that because part of the laptop was still on?