Possibly The Strangest Question Ever Asked: What to do if you want to get back at a Manufacturer who gave so much trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

arda21

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2005
Thanks for taking time;
I am not going to name the name of the brand, that end of 2014 I purchased what I thought a decent brand new $1000 range 14 inch laptop.

From the beginning I had so many different and random issues, starting with screen problems, then actual dedicated graphics card's switching problems, mouse pad problems. To save time, to give you gist of it it took me 6 months into it after my purchase to just get on with it, in which case I had to buy another temporary second hand laptop to continue my dissertation, and graphics related art work. Basically this company has given me so much grief. Yes they repeatedly fixed different issues, but my experience with this Laptop has been the worst of All. Unfortunately during the first 30-60 day period of my purchase I badly needed a laptop as I was doing school related work that I missed window of opportunity to return my purchase. ( I also bought some related software with the laptop, I was concerned of losing those purchases )

now after a year, some of the initial problems with the screen came back, although not very significant. (Loss of coloration on small area towards the side of the frame)

I have realized I had full accidental coverage purchased when I initially bought the computer, and now I am, really Desiring to do something with this laptop, in a very tactical way that It can be sent back to their repair depot again but this time they would have to give me another model eventually without being able to 'repair' this particular model. But I don't want to do something too obvious like opening up the pc and they would realize that I intentionally messed with it so all of a sudden they dont grant my coverage.

I know this is rather a 'Bad behavior' but this company is one of the top 5 laptop manufacturers, and believe me they could have afford to satisfy a customer like myself in the first place. Basically I am looking to hear your suggestions how can I mess with this Laptop in the manner that I can get something out of it so I feel like I have gotten one back against these moguls.

ps. (a friend that I work with) suggested I get a needle of some sort instead of opening up the case myself, inject something in there and short circuit somehow. and burn the hell of it. *however I am sure they can tell what has happened when they open it themselves. I am really looking for other possible suggestions...

Thanks for taking time on this strange post indeed, and happy holiday season!

l33tabix

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015
Wow very strange question indeed! What i would do is i would check the cause of the problem first. If you cant do that, let someone else do it as i'm very sure that someone will do it for a couple of bucks. Once you do that find an answer buy asking him or posting another thread. I'm sorry i cant help you tremendousely but i hoped i did help a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.