Potential Virus folder cannot delete, permissions

AJ Crouch

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
I have located a folder in my %system root% directory that i cannot delete, it tells me i need permissions from SYSTEM to do this. when i try to change permissions it tells me i do not have permission to change permissions but not from SYSTEM. Please help

Solution
Use this http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Then you'll be able to delete it once you take ownership of it

AJ Crouch

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

I removed the HDD and placed it into my desktop computer to access the files and turn the ownership to my main administrator. I have figured out the folder will ask for the permission from the owner of the folder, Even when i am logged on as the owner it will not recognize the owner trying to delete the folder. Even after running cmd.exe in administrative mode.

AJ Crouch

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

Thank you so very much!

AJ Crouch

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

This tool works so well for almost anything. Great suggestion and wonderful use.

Roguesly

Estimable
May 13, 2015

This doesn't work for me. In the command prompt, it will claim "Access is Denied" and I still can't take control of anything. There is a virus on my Program Files 86, and it protects itself from being deleted or removed.

friggincrispy

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
Not even close Noobe, LOL just rename it! There you go...Just rename it and you can delete it! LOLOLOL! I have run into the same issue with file permissions...I deleted the registry entries after trying to delete the folder from program files and then it let me change permissions, take control and delete the folder....but not always so I find it to be another inconsistency with windows.

asshatpatrol

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015

NOOB? TRIED TO RENAME and delete doesn't work, arrogant little tool... you wouldn't be calling me names if you were here you little geek, phone courage is weak... the irony is this is a help thread an not a judgement one, as I wouldn't judge you since this is more about changing inherited permission to delete a highly sophisticated virus you dull twerp... any smart remarks now... wish you were within reach