Power Cut: Jimmy Kimmel Does Show on Laptop

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m-manla

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Also think guys, where is he getting his internet connection at? It would be hard to stream the show from a 3G connection in that building. Had to be a LAN connection, and these shows don't just have your average router on stage.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I actually watched this last night. It was pretty cool. I wouldn't watch it if it was done over and over again. The band was boring, though. I think it would've been awesome if they had some heavy metal band play and at the last minute were asked to play acoustically. I seriously doubt it was deliberate and had anything to do to boost iPhone 4 sales. Power outages happen, and backup systems at least power lights.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Jesus christ people I watched the youtube clip above and he never said Apple anywhere in there, he said laptop. Maybe he said it on the show if I watched the whole thing, but who really cares? Its just the same variety of camera thats in any other decent laptop, wrapped up in one that happens to be called a "Mac"

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
ewww... sad thing is, the studio audience is that loud (just seems toned down with pro audio), but dang...... webcam mic=fail when it comes to background noise.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Just to clarify about me calling BS on this. I didn't mean that it had anything to do with Apple. I meant that they probably planned it as a gimmick for the show.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Minus 100 points for thread derailment
[citation][nom]airborne11b[/nom]My G60 asus 15" gaming laptop is a great balance between battery life, power and portability. Its not as huge as a 17" sager or alienware desktop replacement, but it can still crank out the latest 3D games like BF:BC2 and left for dead2 on max settings with great FPS. If I need to use it for web surfing or something while unplugged on the go, still gets hours of life out of it before needing to recharge. Best laptop I've ever owned.[/citation]

Status
Not open for further replies.