Power machine galore?

Jbradleym

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
So I've waited a few years but now it's time to buy and put together the killer machine.. I need something that will run Chief Architect 3D home development software quickly in easely, do renderings quick as possible, use the virtual reality modeling language module VRML that's like 3D games, and also I want to be able to process videos using Adobe Premiere and of course handle any photo modifications. If anybody has any recommendations on the system I need to put together please let me know thank you

Solution
A number would be helpful...

Looking at the website, Chief Architect 3D doesn't use GPU for rendering, so that would say fastest CPU possible.

If you want $3K then you could look at a new X299 system
$2K would be an 7700K CPU
$1500 would be a Ryzen

Any of the above, 32GB RAM, a 1TB M.2 SSD. I think Premier will take advantage of CUDA so an NVIDIA graphics card 1060 or above ...

kanewolf

Judicious
A number would be helpful...

Looking at the website, Chief Architect 3D doesn't use GPU for rendering, so that would say fastest CPU possible.

If you want $3K then you could look at a new X299 system
$2K would be an 7700K CPU
$1500 would be a Ryzen

Any of the above, 32GB RAM, a 1TB M.2 SSD. I think Premier will take advantage of CUDA so an NVIDIA graphics card 1060 or above ...

Solution

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Start with a 500GB M.2 drive, Ryzen 1800x, 16GB RAM and a 1080 8GB GFX card

Recommended:
16 GB memory (RAM)
50 GB of available hard disk space
4 GB or 8 GB gaming video card
64-bit Windows 7 / 8 / 10
Mac OS 10.12 / 10.11 (Sierra / El Capitan)
https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02761/chief-architect-minimum-system-requirements.html