Solved! power surge

May 31, 2019
I have a 7 year old Samsung 60" tv. We had a power outage the other night and now the tv will not turn on. I took it apart and found that on the power supply board the ceramic fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse on the power supply board and plugged everything back in and the fuse blew again. I replaced the fuse a second time and did not plug the other boards back in, the fuse blew again along with some capacitors. My question is do I spend the $200 on a new power supply board and plug it in and everything will work, or do i have the risk of other boards being shorted also, leading to more money, or do i scrap the tv and buy new?

Solution
It would be a gamble. It will depend on how good the TV is and whether you will benefit from the greater definition and HDR on a new TV. That will depend on your viewing sources and content.
If you got the board from shopjimmy.com there would be a restocking fee but they may take the board back. Check with them.
It would be a gamble. It will depend on how good the TV is and whether you will benefit from the greater definition and HDR on a new TV. That will depend on your viewing sources and content.
If you got the board from shopjimmy.com there would be a restocking fee but they may take the board back. Check with them.

Solution
May 31, 2019
Thank you, the board is only $98 on shopjimmy, unfortunatlly they are out of stock. I am just going to wait. I don't need tv that bad in the summer.