Precision M6300

mahsud

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Hi! I bought a Dell precision M6300 from HongKong a few months back. Since i travel a lot and have to carry it with me, one day after a regular shutdown i powered on the laptop after a few hours and saw lines on my LCD during the BIOS startup. These were on certain areas of the LCD horizontal lines progressing vertically like a SCAN. When the VISTA OS screen appeared colors were all busted on certain areas, this stayed on till the screen warmed up a little abd then reduced. Since this problem first occured it has been about 2 months now and the latest is that i now have besides those lines which change location depending on the colors of various wall papers that i have tried, i am also seeing somethinig like a small dirt spot stuck in my LCD it looks like it stuck a few layers below the top layers. Why do i say that? Because when i move my mouse arrow over it i can see this spot right through my mouse arrow or a picture or anything on the screen. Additionally if i turn on the laptop after a a few hours of it lying in an airconditioned room the lines are worse and all over the screen till it gets warm. What do you guys think? Is it the LCD or the VGA. I cross checked the VGA by plugging an external LCD to the laptop and there were no issues (so i think its not the Quadro) but a local dell authorized dealer who is asking me to transfer the warrantee to Pakistan says its my VGA going bad. Please Help with some feed back and remedies if any!
Best regards
Mahsud

mahsud

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Appreciate the prompt responce! Am hoping the same too but lets say what dell has to say. Am not very impressed with their tech support though. There is no tech support available for this product in Hongkong (thats where it was purchased from) and Dell usa does not give any tech support if your service tag does not belong to the US territory :(