Preorder $379 WiFi-only Dell Streak 7 Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

no mention of OS? as long as there is GORILLA GLASS i guess i don't care what OS it runs

rykoshet

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Why people want cameras in their tablets is beyond me! The type of people who have tablets have smart phones, so why not just pull it out of your pocket and take a picture?

sgtmattbaker

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Smartphones have Froyo a good tablet needs a tablet designec OS. Also, smartphones are more portable than tablets and do basically all the same things. Tablets are going to have to start offering something that a smartphone can't do to get me to bite-

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Only a 1.3 MP camera? Really?[/citation]
1.3MP FRONT FACING, it's for video chat and 1.3MP is more then enough, the rear facing camera is 5MP.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]whysoserious[/nom]no mention of OS? as long as there is GORILLA GLASS i guess i don't care what OS it runs[/citation]

Didn't read the entire Article did you?

Dell will spill the beans on the actual release date for this Froyo-based tablet.

The OS is clearly stated in the article....

rrmyguy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]No Android 3.0 - no tablet, no money![/citation]

do a little research on it..... if you'd check it out..... it is upgradeable to honeycomb......

rrmyguy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
people...... do some damn research, if you check it out at T-Mobile's website, or even Dell for that matter.... you'd know it is completely upgradeable to Honeycomb, the hardware specs are well within the required specs for upgrading to honeycomb, not to mention that they say its upgradeable to honeycomb as soon as it was released.....can't expect TH to do all the research for you.... don't bash the device cuz you know only what you read about it here without taking some initiative to find out on your own.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Rykoshet[/nom]Why people want cameras in their tablets is beyond me! The type of people who have tablets have smart phones, so why not just pull it out of your pocket and take a picture?[/citation]The government wants them there.... Mwhuahahahaha

dallaswits

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I just bought a nook and rooted it, im wondering how much better at video play back this would be? (the only place the nook suffers)

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Only a 1.3 MP camera? Really?[/citation]
More DOES make sense given 2-3mm lens size, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.