Prime Day Fail: Amazon Homepage Crashes (Update, It’s Back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2018
it's down again 12:46 pm PST . Tom? You simply need to keep up on this ... it's a huge story and relying on passive second hand analyses don't serve you well.

Jul 16, 2018
One more thing. What is this about deals not being available until 7 p.m.? Did Amazon tell anyone about this going in?

Jul 16, 2018
2pm still crashing. just because you dont get an error page, doesnt mean its working. can search, shows the total results at top but doesnt display search results, just the number of pages. ordering work related items from another site now, no time to wait for them to fix issues.

Jul 16, 2018
It indeed is affecting individual product pages. You can look at the items, but if you attempt to put anything in your cart it will not allow it.

Jul 16, 2018
I had high hopes for Prime Day and was ready to spend a bunch of money but I'm getting sick of seeing all these darn dogs instead of what I search for. Major fail on Amazon's part - second only in misery to Trump's foreign policy, because nothing tops that. Good job, Amazon - you hyped this and wanted it to be huge, then you say, "Oh, the response is greater than last year." No shiz, why wouldn't it be, this isn't JC Penny.

Jul 16, 2018
6:45 PM in the East, and still crashing, bad. I'm about to give up entirely, after successfully finding zero of the five things I tried to buy.

Jul 16, 2018
8:30 pm ET - still having problems. I just give up. I just put 2 deals in my cart, went to check out, changed my shipping info and the price reverted to regular and said it could not be shipped to the address (I have ALWAYS used this address with no problems), or any other address I tried. The hassle is not worth the $15 I would have saved. Bad first experience shopping on Prime Day. I still cannot find my watch list, but it comes up on my phone app, which is still not working 100% either. And as of 8:49 pm ET you still cannot do a search without seeing the dogs. I pity the I.T. employees. Heads will no doubt roll after this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.