News Prime Video is about to lose one of the best survival thriller movies ever — stream it before it leaves this week

MadManMark84

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2017
"The Grey" is somewhat infamous for having been grossly misrepresented by trailers when it came out, leading people to think they are paying to see a "survival thriller," but then getting into the theater and seeing nothing of the sort. If you go to IMDB, just about every positive movie review states variations on this. The IMDB reviews are pretty much split between low rankings from people upset how it had been misrepresented by those trailers and people who see a good allegorical movie if you can only STOP looking at it as a "survival thriller." It's not a thriller -- some of the reviews mention that people walked out of the theater, or even fell asleep at points -- and saying its about survival, well, that's a stretch almost by definition.

Really all I learned from this Tom's Guide article is that Alex Blackburn is not a source to be trusted in the future. Ironically, I wrote that sentence before rereading the article to see if there was anything else I should comment on, and noticing she literally wrote "trust me" in the last paragraph! Umm, nope.