Problem after bios update

redhawk1900

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
Hi my Laptop is an MSI dominator GT70 2QD. I attempted to update my bios last night but it all went wrong. I am currently getting this error:

For qualcomm atheros PCIE ethernet controller v2.1.1.5 v(03/15/13)

Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

Now ive looked this up online as well as posting in the MSI forum, they suggested to check the drive was in AHCI mode in the bios which it is and to reset the EC settings by removing the battery.. which ive tried. Then to check the firmware version (i'm not sure where this is in the bios) but i think my firmware is up to date but the bios wasn't

My hdd is in the correct boot order and I can see files on the C: drive when I access the command prompt. the problem is boot order related to flashing the bios i think. i saw this explanation online

"This is indicating that your laptop doesn't have a boot device.
Your hard drive is not working and therefore you are unable to boot the computer. The computer is attempting to PXE boot through the network. Obviously you don't have an ethernet cable plugged in with a server on your network to boot from.
You need to check the boot order in the BIOS and ensure that the hard drive is in the boot order -- probably after the DVD drive"

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Solution
1.Go bios , press F9, load default settings, after that press F10. Your laptop just cant boot from the harddrive and it goes next option picked in bios boot options.
2. remove battery and power cable then press power button for 30seconds

Whats your exact model number? Go bios and check what is your ME fw version (this is what they mean by firmware) also what EC version and BIOS version you have now? Should be first page in bios

Post pictures from Boot option page in bios

clarkjd

Distinguished

I realize that this qualifies as closing the barn door after the horse has escaped, but why did you feel the need to update the BIOS in the first place?
Updating the BIOS falls into the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" catagory. Never update the BIOS simply to have the "Latest and Greatest" version. You should only update the BIOS to correct a known error or problem (Release notes will tell you what errors are addressed) or to gain additional functionality, such as support for a differnt CPU not available at the tme of the original BIOS release (and then ONLY if you plan to use the new CPU).

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
1.Go bios , press F9, load default settings, after that press F10. Your laptop just cant boot from the harddrive and it goes next option picked in bios boot options.
2. remove battery and power cable then press power button for 30seconds

Whats your exact model number? Go bios and check what is your ME fw version (this is what they mean by firmware) also what EC version and BIOS version you have now? Should be first page in bios

Post pictures from Boot option page in bios

Solution