Question Problem booting from usb on toshiba satellite c660

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2019
So, I have problem with my old toshiba satellite laptop. I have changed my harddrive because the old one crashed and now I have to reinstall OS so i can boot from the new one.
The problem is that I cant boot at all from my usb flash drive.
I selected boot priority but it still wont boot. I just get a blinking white cursor on a black screen and nothing else happens.

I searched the internet to try and find a sollution but i wasnt lucky. I tried to change from uefi to legacy or viceversa but i dont find any option like this in my bios.
I have also tried normal booting instead of speed and it says that usb is failed.
The USB works fine as i tried it on another laptop and had no problem.
This is how my bios options look like:
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/EQ2CC0m

edfratus

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
So, I have problem with my old toshiba satellite laptop. I have changed my harddrive because the old one crashed and now I have to reinstall OS so i can boot from the new one.
The problem is that I cant boot at all from my usb flash drive.
I selected boot priority but it still wont boot. I just get a blinking white cursor on a black screen and nothing else happens.

I searched the internet to try and find a sollution but i wasnt lucky. I tried to change from uefi to legacy or viceversa but i dont find any option like this in my bios.
I have also tried normal booting instead of speed and it says that usb is failed.
The USB works fine as i tried it on another laptop and had no problem.
This is how my bios options look like:
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/EQ2CC0m
I think your problem lies in how the thumb drive is formatted. Try using the Windows USB/DVD boot formatter. You will find it in the Windows Store.

May 16, 2019
The type is alright. Both the usb flash drive and the usb laptop port are 2.0 so that shouldn't be a problem.
I am going to try and format another usb or a cd with the Windows tool in the evening when I have acces to another computer and try again. Thank you for the answers
Untill then, if someone else has another idea, i would appreciate the help.

May 16, 2019
I still didnt manage to do something.. tried another usb, booting from dvd, nothing works. At a guess i would say i have problems with my bios, may it be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.