Problem with GeForce Experience

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moustafa_Elsawy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Hey guys,

So I've been having this problem with Geforce experience. It refuses to run for me, it used to work in the past but a few weeks ago it refuses to run. Shows in the task bar but doesn't respond to the endless clicks that I try to get it to run.
I tried the following:
1) uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version, nothing it doesn't run.
2) running as administrator, still doesn't run.
3) clearing all my nvidia drivers in safe mode and reinstalling, no luck still.

I'm just very curious what happens when I double click on it, I can't see any response from it what so ever. Very weird

Your answers are well appreciated!

Edit: is it possible that a program is blocking it from running?

Noel_3

Estimable
Dec 21, 2015
After weeks of trying to fix Nvidia G force Experience and upgrading to W10 and went back to W 8.1 on an Asus G751JY I finally had GF E fixed, hopefully till now still working.,maybe this can help a few of you guys.

If you have game first III you need to uninstall it this was the problem in my case,
you can try check if it works fine after you delete, but i had done this another way.

So first thing I did I went to Asus driver downloads and got the old version saved to my PC, then
I got a tool to remove/delete the Nvidia G force from my system ,So you need to Download Display Driver Uninstaller DDU -
Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store) http://www.guru3d.com/files/index.html

Then follow instructions when you have fresh cleaned your pc
from GF E, install the older version you downloaded from you pc manufacture, THEN go to the Nvidia GF E website http://www.geforce.com/drivers better to use IE as you need Java so that you can scan your pc CPU for the latest right GF E driver, DO NOT INSTALL DIRECTLY download but do not run save to your pc so you run it manually, then install your saved GF E on the older version and it should be working.

My issue was the GF E takes 10m to open the it open in blk blank page, after another 5 min it loads but it got worse as i could not log in my Acc, could not serch to find my games,
not even update as it keeps searching for ever, but i got it to work ,
only issue now is updating but I'm guessing its there server,
so i wait a few days and see if it will work.
I have not yet tried to install Game first III yet i don't need it
but i mite check if it will effect GF E after few days of test.
hope it will work for you.

anhbobom0000

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

it's really worked for me, thanks man you saved my life :)

smallbobtrouble

Commendable
May 1, 2016

thx man its working now! from 2016!!

RhyZe-UK

Commendable
May 31, 2016
Extremely easy FIX HERE:

1. DON'T TOUCH YOUR SETUP, ITS FINE!

2. Its a problem with the config files, they must have corrupted so just replacing it with the previous version will sort this :)

3. So type %appdata% in Win explorer (to get there quick)
-> LOCAL -> NVIDIA -> GFExperience.exe_Url_......etc

4. Once in this folder you will see ALL past config files to ever be on this PC (Tip: This only affects Geforce Experience, NOT Gfx Driver- no worries) -

[strike]*** BEFORE U DO THIS NEXT BIT, Go to Task Manager -> Services and Stop 'GfExperienceService' after trying to run after install (which will fail at this point, don't worry keep going)***

5. Find the latest 2.11.3.5 folder and open it. No changing values in .config files here, just simply drag and drop somewhere outside folder (desktop or main Nvidia folder Zipped).

6. Then just change what config file GF Experience will use by going into 2.11.2.55 folder and COPYING (DONT MOVE) the file 'user.config' ~ into ~ 2.11.3.5....
[/strike]
EDIT: JUST DELETE (MOVE & ZIP) USER.CONFIG IN 2.11.3.5 AND LEAVE THE FOLDER EMPTY - GFE Will replace the file and set values back to default. I had an issue with nvscaps64.exe failing when trying to record via Shadowplay through GFE, but realised I needed to remove the user.config entirely as well as going to Program Files (x86) -> Nvidia Corporation -> Nvidia GeForce Experience and removing ShadowPlayUsage.xml and CaptureCoreHistory.xml they seemed to be the culprits

7. Now simply uninstall (clean) Geforce Experience 2.11.3.5 & Update again :) and Voila.... Remember to Re-enable 'GfExperienceService' Service again after successful program initiation!!

100% WORKS..... Glad I could help, almost pulled my hair out with this shiiii#e.... lol

pcbugfixer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
1. Download the latest BETA "GeForce_Experience_Beta_v2.11.3.6.exe"
2. Use "Programs and Features" to uninstall your existing "NVIDIA GeForce Experience x.xx.x.x"
3. Install the beta "GeForce_Experience_Beta_v2.11.3.6.exe"

NB: There is no need to reboot or clear out the registry nor do you need to run it as the Administrator unless your user account is not an Administrator ! If your user is not an Administraltor then right mouse click on the beta exe file and click on "Run as Administrator" and click again (double or single click according to your setup) to run the installation.
Just install the beta and folow the instructions / prompts
Again there is no need to reboot it will run after the installation as long as you leave the boxes ticked in the final install window (screen)

Have fun folks
With the compliments of PC-Bug Fixer

Status
Not open for further replies.