Solved! problem with graphics of my laptop

tanjib

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015
Hi , 6 years old HP Pavilion DM4 1101tx laptop with windows 7 home premium 64 bit .

In 2015 , I upgraded to windows 10 the free upgrade and graphics card stopped working after I installed AMD MOBILITY RADEON HD 5000 series driver . It worked but laptop became too slow that it was impossible to work and also the recovery partition was removed .

So again I freshly installed win 7 home premium and after installing the appropriate driver for my graphics from HP website , black screen started to appear at welcome screen .

Whats causing it ? Why isn't it working ? I installed the appropriate driver .

Solution

tanjib

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015

Thanks for your reply .

After boot up , the screen goes blank and remains blank until I manually restart . But I can hear the windows sound and I have to disable the Ati driver from safe mode to make my pc work again .

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

owh ok, by the way, is the amd gpu is the dedicated or the only gpu or there is another gpu such as integrated graphics or something, can you please give the specs of your laptop so i can solve the problem quicker?

tanjib

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015

HP PAVILION DM4 1101TX

PROCESSOR- CORE I 5

OS - WIN 7 64 BIT (NOW UPGRADED TO WIN 10)

FIXED MODE SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS- INTEL HD GRAPHICS (INTEGRATED) + ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 5470 (DEDICATED)

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

I see the potential problem, update the integrated graphics driver too, because it is the main gpu that workin

tanjib

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015

I updated both drivers but still causing issues . I mean I installed drivers provided by HP for my notebook model .

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

wait, you are currently using windows 10 right? if you do, i cannot pretty much help, because your laptop were pretty darn old and im pretty sure the latest drivers update that hp release wasnt designed for newer os like windows 10, which means the problem itself cant really be solved because the driver were old and not designed for newer os and there might be some potential you could get blue screen of death because of the drivers and softwares that is not designed for the newer os. i personally have experienced kinda similar problem with my 4 years old laptop, i upgraded to windows 10 and i get bunch of blue screen of death, after i kinda try to solve all the problem, i get less blue screen of death but however its still occur for fewer times

tanjib

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015

No I will go back to win 7 only if I find a solution else I will keep win 10 . All the issues I mentioned till now is about win 7 not win 10 .

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

owh okay, try to update the bios, it might help, but make sure you install the latest one. if it doesnt work, try this, go to device manager, then go to display adapter(click it), then right click on your integrated graphics name, right click, click update drivers, browse my computer for driver software, let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer, then choose the latest version one available there

Solution

tanjib

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015

I think I need the original or specific version of bios and drivers which came with my pc . Is there any way to know what version of bios and display drivers were preinstalled on my pc ?