Problem with inspiron 15

Pondernit

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014
I have a inspiron 15 laptop that I've had since December and it does not start. Either it has a blank screen and a cursor. Or it brings up the Dell logo and it shows the loading icon. But it never goes past that. I believe that this started happening after I changed the power settings but I'm not sure

Pondernit

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014

im not to computer savvy so no i have not entered the bios. however with the power settings change i remember i changed into desktop mode because i was rarely unplugging it and i also made it where i wouldnt go to sleep if it was plugged in (mostly so i could download stuff overnight) thats all i remember changing. it has been a week though.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014

Try hitting the F12 key repeatedly immidiately when the laptop turns on and enter the boot menu and see if you can boot to Windows from there.

Pondernit

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014

i entered it and selected "windows boot manager" and that did not seem to work

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014

Hmm... Try entering the BIOS. Do the same thing but with the F2 key. In the BIOS, you'll have to use the arrow keys and the Enter key in order to access different stuff, no mouse. There should be boot options. Check to see that you have the ability to boot from a normal hard drive enabled and set as the top priority.

TRENDING THREADS