problem with laptop sound

egy195

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
hey guys, i have a problem with my laptop's sound
it suddenly cuts off and i've to restart the laptop for it to work again
i reinstalled the operating system and the problem persists, i made the laptop speakers to be the default from the control panel and still nothing, when i use a headphone the sound works fine !
what seems to be the problem ?
laptop is toshiba satellite l755 and os is windows 7, even installed linux at one point and the same problem happened

Solution
It sounds like either your board (the electronics for the speakers) or the speakers themselves. If the audio jack is working just fine, then your audio chip would appear to be working fine.

You can check the speakers connection to the board - maybe reconnect the cable. A faulty connection could cause intermittent audio loss.
It sounds like either your board (the electronics for the speakers) or the speakers themselves. If the audio jack is working just fine, then your audio chip would appear to be working fine.

You can check the speakers connection to the board - maybe reconnect the cable. A faulty connection could cause intermittent audio loss.

Solution

egy195

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014

thank you for replying, the audio jack is working fine with any speakers or external headphones