Solved! Problem with LCD Screen on my Lumix FZ2500

Dec 25, 2019
Hi!
I got a problem with the display of my Lumix FZ2500. Everything worked fine until I took it yesterday and noticed that the LCD Screen (and what's showing in the viewfinder) shows weird shades of grey, green and red. *See photos attached
The issue appears in all modes. There is no filter. I tried changing the battery but as I thought it did nothing. The photos and videos I take, once transfered to my laptop, looks normal, so it's really just the display that is faulty.
I'm traveling for a while with it right now. Maybe it got shaken a bit in the transports. I'm not in a country where I can just send it to repair and wait for it to come back.
Do you have any ideas how I could repair it myself? Do you think it's just a faulty connection of the LCD wires?
Thanks

Solution
If you are asking how you can repair it instead of already taking it apart and looking, then it's not likely you can repair it yourself. Could be a broken screen, could be a connection, only way to tell is take it apart and re-seat the connection. If that does not work you will need to find another screen (which will be very hard to do I am guessing) and replace the screen.
If you are asking how you can repair it instead of already taking it apart and looking, then it's not likely you can repair it yourself. Could be a broken screen, could be a connection, only way to tell is take it apart and re-seat the connection. If that does not work you will need to find another screen (which will be very hard to do I am guessing) and replace the screen.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS