Problem with my laptop after running steam?

RainbowTheTiger

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
A while ago my computer was fine, running everything smoothly. I had Steam and had a few games installed, the biggest of which was GTA V, and it took me 3 days to download. Then i opened my computer, and i go to open Steam, and the laptop froze up, so i powered it off not thinking much of it. When i powered it on though, It would stop loading and go to a blank black screen, and when i press any button on the keyboard it would make a loud beeping sound. This same thing happened on a previous laptop of mine, but i assumed it was because it was old, not because of Steam. Now i have Ubuntu on a USB stick and i am running it on the computer, but it acts as if their is not a hard drive on the computer, or it cant be detected. It was a 2016 HP Pavilion 15.6" HD Touchscreen Premium Laptop, i bought it off Amazon. I have been using it for almost 5 months, running Ubuntu from the usb stick, and to put it simply, it was a huge pain. I have been fed up with all the problems of Ubuntu and want to know how to fix the computer, and i know i wont be able to get all my data back, but I just want to know how to get windows back onto the computer, instead of Ubuntu.